Eminem is one of the most famous rappers globally, with numerous hit albums, including The Marshall Mathers LP. Eminem was born on 17 October 1972 as Marshall Bruce Mathers III in St. Joseph, Missouri. Eminem’s age is 48 years old (as of 2020).
Let’s have a quick overview of Eminem’s biography.
|Real Name||Marshall Bruce Mathers III|
|Nickname||Double M, M&M, Marshall Mathers, Slim Shady|
|Profession||Rapper, Record Producer, Actor|
|Age||48 Years (As of 2020)|
|Date of Birth||17 October 1972|
|Birthplace||St. Joseph, Missouri, U.S.|
|Hometown||Detroit, Michigan, U.S.|
|Famous For||Please Stand Up, Not Afraid, Love the way you Lie, Mockingbird and Mosh|
|Debut||Album – Infinite (1996)
Film – The Hip Hop Witch (1996)
Eminem Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height||in Feet-Inches- 5’ 8”|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 72 kg|
|Body Measurements||43 – 32 – 14 Inches|
|Chest Size||43 Inches|
|Waist Size||32 Inches|
|Biceps Size||14 Inches|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Eminem’s Mother and Father|
Eminem Family, Children And Relatives
|Father||Marshall Bruce Mathers, Jr. (Member of the band Daddy Warbucks)|
|Mother||Deborah Rae Nelson (Debbie)(Member of the band Daddy Warbucks)|
|Children||Hailie (Daughter), Alaina (Daughter), Whitney (Daughter)|
Eminem Affairs, Girlfriends And Marital Status
Kimberly Scott (1989-2006)
Kesia Alveraz (1999-2000)
Brittany Andrews (2001)
|Wife/Spouse||Kimberly Anne Scott (m. 1999, div. 2001, m. 2006, div. 2006)|
|Current Relationship Status||Single|
Eminem Education And School, College
|Educational Qualification||High School drop out|
|School||Lincoln High School|
Eminem Favorites Things And Like & Dislike
|Favorite Color||Light Blue|
|Favorite Music||Hip Hop|
|Favorite Song||Put your hands where my eyes can see – Busta Rhymes|
|Favorite Rappers||Tupac Shakur, Jay-Z, and Dr. Dre|
|Favorite Book||Comic Books|
|Favorite Food||Fast Food (Taco’s Bell and Wendy’s)|
|Hobbies||Writing, Rapping, Listening to music, Football and Watching movies|
Eminem Money Factor
|Net Worth||$210 Million|
Eminem was born in Missouri, but his life in the Detroit neighborhood influenced his formative years. At the young age of fourteen, he developed a passion for rapping and started attending local open – mic contests with friends Mike Ruby and Proof.
He formed a group of rappers called’ D12′ as he grew up, which became quite popular. He soon caught the attention of Dr. Dre, a famous record producer, and the two formed a long-term professional relationship. He released successful albums such as ‘The Slim Shady LP’ and ‘The Marshall Mathers LP’ with Dre’s assistance.
His albums were all roaring hits, making him one of the rap industry’s most significant sensations. Most of this rapper’s songs are based on his personal struggles with his family and his career. Many regard this as the USP of his albums, making them close to his fans’ hearts.
He often has trouble with legislators, sometimes due to violence, sometimes due to substance abuse. The most controversial thing, though, is the kind of lyrics he uses in his songs. He is known for his explicit use of words, which often send aggressive signals. Yet this famous rap artist has succeeded in winning both critics and followers’ hearts, bagging 15′ Grammy Awards’ for his songs.
Childhood And Early Life
Eminem was born in St. Joseph, Missouri, to Marshall Bruce Mathers, Jr and his wife Deborah Rae “Debbie” Nelson, as Marshall Bruce Mathers III, on 17 October 1972.
Marshall’s parents were members of ‘ Daddy Warbucks, ‘ a band that played in a hotel called ‘ Ramada Inns. ‘ Father Bruce of Marshall and mother Debbie eventually separated and had different partners.
The boy has three semi-siblings, Michael, Sarah, and Nate. Marshall lived with his mother, Debbie, and before settling in Detroit, Michigan, they often changed cities.
The boy grew up in a predominantly black neighborhood, where African-American young people often intimidated him. As a child, he was closely related to comics and music, especially raping.
Marshall had a problematic relationship with his mother, but he was close to her half – brother Ronnie. As a result of constant tiffs with Debbie, Marshall’s education suffered, and he left ‘ Lincoln High School ‘ when he was 17 years old.
Some Other Additional Facts About Eminem
- Rolling Stone ranked Eminem on the list of 100 Greatest Artists of All Times at number 83 and called him the King of Hip Hop.
- Ten of his albums have been on Billboard 200 and have sold 172 million albums worldwide. He’s the artist who best sells hip-hop.
- In 1999, Eminem won a Grammy Award for Best Rap Album, as well as two albums, “The Marshall Mathers LP” (2000) and “The Eminem Show” (2002).
- He took a hiatus after releasing Encore in 2004 and released his album Relapse (2009) and Recovery (2010). Relapse was the year’s best-selling album, and The Eminem Show was the same.
- “The Marshall Mathers LP 2” won two Grammys, including the “Best Rap Album,” adding a total of 15 awards to Eminem’s Grammys.
- Eminem was the first rap artist to win the Academy Award for his song “Lose Yourself” for the hip-hop movie “8 Mile” in Best Original Song.
- Eminem’s mother met Bruce (father of M&M) at the age of 14, and Debbie nearly died when she was 17 for 73 hours of work.
- When he was a child, Eminem and Debby shuffled between Missouri and Michigan. For more than a year, they were never stable in a place and often stayed with relatives.
- Eminem wrote letters to his father, but they were always marked as “Return to Sender.”
- In school and neighborhood, he was intimidated. He was seriously injured by De’Angelo Bailey once. Debbie sued the school but dismissed the case.
- Eminem lived in Detroit’s black neighborhood in the lower middle class, where the black youth beat him up. They were one of three white households. When he was 9, he stayed in a coma for several days.
- Eminem liked more than music to tell stories and wanted to be a comic artist. Debbie’s half-brother Ronnie Polkinghorn gave Eminem a CD that brought to Eminem’s ears the first rap song.
- Later on, Ronnie Polkinghorn was also his music mentor. When he committed suicide in 1991, Eminem did not speak for several days, nor did he attend his funeral.
- In his early life, Eminem experienced little stability, and the social worker described his mother as “suspicious and paranoid.” She allowed Kimberly Scott to stay at home.
- Due to absence and low grades, Mathew Mathers was in a 9th standard for three years. After the third year, he dropped out and instead took several jobs to support the household.
- At the age of 14, Eminem and his friends in the neighborhood began to rape on the streets. They would sneak into the lunchroom of a school to fight rap. He also participated in the open micro rap battles on Detroit’s so-called zero-ground.
- He doesn’t permit profanity or swearing at home.
- The disc jockeys didn’t welcome Eminem’s first album, and the feedback he received was-“Why don’t you go to Rock n Roll?”. The low reviews encouraged Eminem’s to write more angry and free lyrics.
- Eminem is left-handed.
- He and Kim lived in an area with a high crime rate, and their house was robbed several times. Eminem washed and cooked for Gilbert’s Lodge, a local restaurant.
- After Hailie’s birth, he worked more than 60 hours a week to provide for her.
- After the release of his first album Infinite, he got into substance abuse, which ended in a suicide attempt.
- He stayed with his mother in a mobile home after being fired from the Gilbert’s Lodge for the last time, together with his wife, Kim.
- Slim Shady was his alter ego.
- Eminem went to a rap battle in New York at the Rap Olympics in 1997 after being expelled from his home. He scored second place, and Interscope Records staff were present in the audience that took Dr. Dre’s music. As soon as he heard the music of Eminem, Dr. Dre ordered, “Find him. That’s it!”. His team was reluctant to hire a white rapper, but Dr. Dre says: “If you’re purple, I don’t give a fuck; if you can kick it, I’ll work with you.”
- The U.S. Secret Service said it examined the fact that Eminem threatened to kill the president. The reason was Eminem’s song “We are the lyrics of Americans” -“We As Americans” (“Fu*k money / I don’t rap for dead presidents / I’d rather see the president dead / I’ve never said it, but I’ve set precedents”). After President Bush’s re-election, the end of the song’s video “Mosh” was changed.
- Eminem holds the record for the highest-selling album in history with his album Recovery! It sold more than three million copies in the United States.
- Eminem is the only rapper with two albums certified with diamonds.
- Eminem received on Facebook 60 million “likes,” surpassing Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, and Michael Jackson.
- His autobiography, “The Way I Am,” describes his struggle for fame and personal life and features his songs’ original notes.
- When he worked a 16-hour shift for his film 8 Mile, he had his first Ambien when someone offered him to take the tablet to sleep because Eminem was sleepless. He then became addicted to Vicodin, Ambien, and Valium sleeping pills.
- Because of his drug addiction, his weight had shot up to 100 kgs (230 pounds), as he also had a lot of fast food.
- After buying drugs from a dealer, Eminem once collapsed in his bathroom. After being rushed to the hospital, doctors said that the drugs were equivalent to four bags of heroin, and he was only two hours from death.
- He refused to sing at the Oscars because they would not permit him to sing the original and uncut versions of his songs.
- He joined church meetings to clean drugs but stopped getting tired of autographs.
- He joined an exercise plan that included running and, in April 2008, became sober.
- He was the number one best-selling artist for the decade 2000-2010, according to Nielsen SoundScan. “Love your way” is 11 x Platinum, and “Not Afraid” is 10 x Platinum, and both are Diamond certified.
- Eminem sued Audi in 2012 for using his song “Lose Yourself.” in their Audi 6 ad.
Eminem Social Media Accounts And Channels
This is the latest biodata for Eminem, including his age, girlfriends, income, and more. We will update their profile as soon as more information becomes available.
You can show your admiration for him by leaving a comment below.